Monday, May 2, 2011

Carl Paoli Gymnastics Training

Hello All!  I know its been a long time since I have posted!  I hadn't really felt like posting since I have been only able to do between 50-75% of my max weight due to my back injury, but I am feeling a lot better and thought I would start my first post with the training I did over the weekend!  I went to CrossFit Austin to attend the gymnastics seminar hosted by Carl Paoli.  We learned how to do proper hand stand pushups, pistols and muscle ups!  I am a long way away from being able to do a muscle up, but now I know the steps that it takes to make it happen, and the way he put it all together makes it seem very do-able in the future!  If anyone has the opportunity to take this class I would suggest it!  Hopefully they will post our class picutre soon so I can post it here!  http://nakaathletics.com/naka-pros
Here's me on the right doing my pullups, yes still with the band!  Hopefully I will do them today unassisted.  I'm going to try and utilize the techinques that Carl taught us this weekend to hopefully string my kips together!

No comments: