Monday, October 26, 2009

Chicken Sausage and Spinach Pizza

So yesterday was my half marathon race, I was super excited to be running it again, that was until half way through the race I started to get painful blisters on the side of my heels and toes.  I dont know if it was from the shoes or my socks that I had on, but I was really ready to give up.  I ran into another girl in blister pain and we walked/ran the last few miles together.  I'm really doubting if I can actually complete the full marathon in January.  I am so sore today and I cant even fathom running another 13.1 miles.  Hopefully I can do it, but right now I dont know!

I got this receipe off of Cleaneatingonline.com  I'm always looking for a healthy pizza receipe.  We had got into the habit of ordering dominos thin crust beef pizza at least once a week.  YIKES!  So I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try.  It worked out really well, I was surprised :-)

6 oz. spinach

1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt diced tomatoes

1 12” whole wheat thin pizza crust ( I couldnt find this in my supermarket so I had to use the only crust I could find)

2 fully cooked chicken sausages, sliced into ¼ inch slices

3 oz. low fat shredded mozzarella cheese

1 tsp. oregano

Ground pepper to taste

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook spinach in a pot until wilted, about 4 minutes. (The original recipe called for adding a tsp of olive oil, I omitted this).  Season with pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.

Place tomatoes in a fine mesh strainer and press out as much liquid as possible. Spread tomatoes onto pizza crust. Top with spinach, sausage, mozzarella, and oregano. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let pizza rest for 5 minutes before serving. Slice into 6 pieces and serve. Serves 6.

Nutritional information: Calories: 230, Fat: 8 g., Carbs: 25 g., Protein: 12 g.


Uncooked pizza




Cooked Pizza ( I over did it on the Oregeno :-)

No comments: