Monday, September 21, 2009

Protein Pumpkin Muffins

About a year ago we went to the Institute of Eating Management to talk to a nutritionist.  We came away with a great nutrition plan and some really good healthy recipes.  I have a huge sweet tooth, so anything that I can make that's healthy and delicious I am down for! I top mine with a bit of sugar free cool whip!  Here is their Protein Pumpkin Muffin recipe.

12 egg whites
2/3 cup uncooked oatmeal
2/3 cup of Go Lean high fiber cereal
1 cup canned pumpkin
dash of vanilla extract
1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
10 packages of Splenda
1 oz raisins

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a blender mix the egg whites, oatmeal, pumpkin mix, vanilla, spice, baking soda, baking powder and Splenda.  Fold the Go Lean high fiber cereal into the batter.  Line the muffin tins with aluminum cupcake liner (effects the consistency) and spry with Pam.  Pour the mixture into muffin tins.  Top each muffin with raisins.  Bake for 30 minutes.

These muffins have 18 grams of protein!















2 comments:

Laura Lee said...

Those sound good... and they're in season!

Great to hear you are from Harlingen; my mom lived there for a bit. Also, are you a runner? (just judging by the blogs you follow...) I run regularly, and am doing the half in Huntsville in October. :) I actually ran quite a bit today and treated myself with an amazing dinner.:)

Anyway, thanks for checking my blog. -Laura

Laura Lee said...

Thanks! I actually did the half two years ago and was training for the full last year when I broke my foot! So, I'm doing this to prove that I can still do it. I ran 7 yesterday as well. You'll get there... you hit a mental point where you realize you can just keep going.