Monday, November 9, 2009

The Dijon Lennon

So I made it through my next race, a 25k (15.5 miles).  I didnt think i was going to make it.  At mile 13 I thought i was going to have to quit.  My legs hurt so bad, it took all of my energy to put one foot in front of the other.  But I made it!  Barely!

Ok so here is a recipe that I got out of the Abs Diet cookbook. 
The Dijon Lennon:
2 boneless, skinless turkey cutlets (I used chicken because my grocery store was out of turkey)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup reduced fat low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 sliced green onions
salt and pepper to taste

Pound turkey (or chicken) to an even thickness.  Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Brown each side of cutlets, about 3 minutes each.  Add broth, mustard, onion, salt and pepper, stirring well.  Reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.  Serves 2

Per serving:  140 calories, 27 g protein, 2g carbs, 3 g fat.

I know this picture isnt that great, but believe me it tastes great!  The mustard adds a really nice kick to the chicken.


No comments: