Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fish Soup

I know I know, I didnt post yesterday, I'm trying to get caught up so I post today what I did the day before. So here is yesterdays update :-)

Breakfast started out as usual, steel cut oats, pinch of sea salt, tsp of almond butter, blackberries and a splash of agave.



Then it was off to 24 hour fitness for some back and biceps.

Ate some of turkey spaghetti for lunch, made with whole wheat pasta.


Then I roasted some tomatoes and peppers for a tomato soup I made.

Then I decided to make a "stay slim soup" that I found in the oxygen magazine, but realized I didnt have all of the ingredients so I improvised!

Ingredients:
1 spritz of pam
1 leek chopped
2 14 oz cans low sodium chicken broth
1 cup frozen edamame
2 baby bok choy
8 oz frozen orange roughy
1 cup baby spinach
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano

Directions:
1. Heat up a pan with the pam in it; add leek and saute for 2 minutes.  Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
2. Add edamame and bok choy, simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add fish and simmer until it turns opaque, approximately 3-5 minutes.
4. Add spinach and seasonings, simmer for 2 more minutes.


No comments: