Friday, November 13, 2009

Flag Football

Good Morning!  Yesterday was Greg's companies annual flag football tournament at the Texans training bubble.  So we started off breakfast with the usual oatmeal, today I added banana!




Then it was off to the gym for me, 30 minutes of chest and triceps and a few abs. I'd write down what the exercises were but I was using these cool new machines that the gym has where they are unstable and you have to use your core to stabilize them while you are doing the weights, so it gives you an extra workout.  Then it was off to the park for a slow 6 mile run.  I just havent had the energy to go full force this week. 

Next was my snack time!  I love salty foods, these pickles and seaweed pieces really do the trick!










For lunch I had some of my turkey lasagna that I had made last week.  This recipe is out of the Keith Kline recipe book we got from our nutritionist.  Its actually an eggplant lasagna, but we tried it that way one time and didnt like the way it tasted, so we substitute the eggplant for whole wheat lasagna noodles.

1 pound ground turkey breast
2 minced garlic cloves
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 32 oz can Italian tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tst oregano
whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 small container of fat free cottage cheese
8 ounces sliced fat free mozzarella cheese (I used shredded)
Pam cooking spray

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degree.  Brown ground turkey with garlic in a pot with Pam.  Begin cooking the lasagna noodles.  Add tomato sauce and Italian tomatoes to the ground turkey, stirring and chopping tomatoes with spoon.  Add salt, pepper and oregano, stir, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.  Layer the lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, turkey sauce and mozzarella in a lasagna baking dish.  Add a second layer of lasagna noodles, turkey sauce and top with mozzarella.  Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.  And this is what it looks like!


 
 

Then it was time for me to get ready for Gregs football event!  Here are some of him in action!



No comments: