Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hump Day

So we have decided to switch the blog up and make it more about our attempts at a healthy lifestyle. We are trying eat healthier and work out more. I have been unemployed for a little over a month now, so this seems like the perfect time to get back into shape! Today started out at 6:30, with the morning dose of oatmeal:

Oatmeal, with a tbs of almond butter, blackberries and a splash of agave nectar for sweetness.

Then it was off to 24 hour fitness for 30 minutes of back of and biceps and a few abs.  Then I went to the park to do a quick 3 mile run.  I wore the wrong socks, which I didn't realize made that big of a difference! I bought some quick dry socks and they are super slippery.  My feet were moving around in my shoes so much that it was making me run funny.  Or it could have been that my legs are still week from the 25K I ran on Sunday, but I'm putting the blame on the socks :-).  When I got home I had nice refreshing protein shake, just one scoop of the powder, 8 oz of water, ice and a sprinkle of cinnamon.



For lunch I had a bowl of the delicious tomato chicken tortilla soup I made on Monday.  Yum!


No comments: