Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Back Squat Fail!

I was in class last night and our skill work was Back squats 5-3-3-3-1.  My previous max was 165, and I actually did it 5 times, 3 with good form, 2 not so much.  I go into the workout and I am on my last set of 3 at 155lbs.  I failed on the 3rd rep, just didnt have the strength or form for it that day, my coach said try it at 175, one rep, youve done it at 165 before you should be able to do it.  WRONG!  I got down into the squat and couldnt get back up, I know what your saying, just dump it, well for some reason I couldnt roll it off of my back and I started to tip forward.  I honestly had a flash of fear and saw myself falling forward with the weight crushing my neck and my face being smashed against the concrete floor.  Finally I was able to roll the weight off my back, leaving a nice big welt where it rolled down my back.  Needless to say I was a bit shaken up!


Met Con:
5 rounds:
10 OH squats (95#/65)
10 K2E
10 push ups
Time: 10:28
Sit up challenge week 2!  200 sit-ups done!

1 comment:

Adam Longoria said...

AWWWW SNAP!! Shit would not have happened if I was in the House...