Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Soba Noodles with Round Steak and Veggies

I got this recipe of this months clean eating magazine.  It was so simple I had to try it.  I found a new noodle that I love, the Soba noodle, it has a slightly salty taste to it, and if you know me you know I LOVE salt.  You simply boil the soba noodles, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.  Then you heat up a wok, cook the meat to your liking, take it out and set it aside.  Spray the same wok with some pam, heat up a cup of onions, two cups of broccoli and one bell pepper for about 5 minutes.  Add the meat back and cook another 2 minutes.  While this is cooking you make a quick sauce with 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 orange juiced, 1 tbsp orange zest, 2 cloves of minced garlic and 2 tsp of honey.  Mix together and then throw on top of the mixture.  Let this cook a couple of minutes and then add a tbsp of wheat flour to thicken the mixture.  Throw on the noodles and viola, a quick healthy meal!
 
Soba noodles


Beef cooking


Veggies heating


All mixed together (minus the noodles)

No comments: