Thai Lemongrass and Chili soup:Ingredients:
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 medium lemon grass stalks
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp peeled ginger root, minced
2 tsp roasted chile paste
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3 small thai chiles, seeded and chopped (I used jalepenos since I couldnt find any thai chiles)
In a medium saucepan, place broth and lemon grass stalks and simmer for five minutes. Remove stalks, return broth to stovetop, add chile paste and bring to a boil. In a small skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic and ginger about 30 seconds. Next, add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms become wilted (again, about 30 seconds). Add mixture to saucepan and stir. Add lime juice and fish sauce. Simmer another 5 minutes, remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Before serving, top each bowl with tomatoes, cilantro and the hot chiles. Serves 4.
Pineapple banana upside down cake:Ingredients (serves 4 big pieces or 6 avg size):
For Caramelizing Pineapple:
- 2 slices of pineapple (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- I used a rectangular small baking dish
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 whole mashed bananas (very ripe)
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Start with caramelizing pineapple slices – In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp of coconut oil. Add the pineapple and let it fry for about 2 minutes – until it’s golden brown. Pour the vanilla extract on top while frying. Flip pineapple and fry the other side. Remove and put pineapple at the bottom of your baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together coconut flour, salt, baking powder, coconut milk, vanilla extract, bananas and eggs
- Melt the coconut oil and honey and then slowly add it to the mix.
- Mix together thoroughly and pour into baking pan overtop of pineapples
- Bake for about 45 minutes – check after 30 minutes because you might have a better oven. You want to be able to stick a fork into the middle and have it come out dry.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes
- Put a plate overtop of the baking pan and turn it upside down so that the baking pan is now upside down over the plate.
- Remove baking pan so that pineapple slices are the centerpiece of the cake.