Friday, March 19, 2010

TGIF

Sorry for the lack of postings this week, its hard to post when I was laid up injured on the couch for half of the week!  I did go to crossfit yesterday, wish I hadn't!  LOL.  It was a partner training session, I felt really bad for the guy that got me as his partner, everyone in that class is super fit, me, not so much!  It started off with a mile run, where I did a quarter mile, then my partner and repeat.  Since my ankle is injured I was REALLY slow.  He said he was fine with it because his knees were hurting him too, but I'm sure he was saying that just to be nice.  So when we finally finished our mile we had to complete:
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats...and then
1 more mile!

So we split up the workout for each of us to do 10 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats.  We took turns, which youd think the break would help get your energy back, it doesnt, its so short of a break! For the last mile run I chose to do the rowing machine since my ankle was hurting, yeah probably should have run, the rowing machine is so much harder!  But we finished, our time was 34 minutes, considering the other two teams only beat us by 3-4 minutes I dont feel horrible about my pace!

After that I went to pilates, the instructor modified the class so that we didnt do any leg work, only arms and abs bc of my ankle, um yeah after doing 50 pullups and 100 pushups, my arms were like jello.  The workout was killer!  I'm going back to pilates today, I told him legs only, my arms have had enough!

Nephew pic of the week!

No comments: