Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pumpkin, sunflower and flax seed "crackers"

Nicole gave me this recipe via marks daily apple, but I couldnt find sesame seeds, so I switched it up a bit.  It was super simple to do and super yummy for when you are craving something crisp and salty.
Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup water
Directions:
Put all 3 cups of seeds into a food processor, grind until they are a flour consistency, about 1-2 minutes.  Add 1/4 cup water.  Blend until it is a "dough" consistency.  Then plop the dough onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet.  Top the dough with another lightly oiled piece of parchment paper, roll out the dough.  Once it is to the consistency you want, lightly score the dough into the sized pieces you prefer.  Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  (I topped mine with garlic powder and sea salt right before I baked them).  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Mmmmmm, sounds great. I will definitely try this.